This baking mix is an ingredient in several recipes such as this recipe for Crustless Pumpkin Pie.
- 4 cup flour (all purpose)
- 4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/3 cup dry milk, nonfat
- 1/4 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cup shortening
1. In a large bowl combine all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, dry milk, baking powder, and salt.
2. Mix thoroughly.
3. Cut in shortening with pastry blender or two knives until mixture looks like course cornmeal.
4. Store in covered containers in the refrigerator.
The final product of this recipe is intended to be used as an ingredient in other recipes. It is not intended as a ready-to-eat product.
Lynn Myers Steele, 2000
Oregon Family Nutrition Program