Try this hearty chowder full of carrots, tomatoes, potatoes, and clams that can be easily made in a slow cooker.
- 3 celery (stalks, medium - washed & sliced)
- 1 onion (large, chopped)
- 1/2 cup tomato puree (low sodium)
- 1 1/2 cup potatoes (sliced)
- 1 1/2 cup carrot (washed and sliced)
- 2 can clams (6 1/2 ounces each, chopped, drained)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon thyme (dried)
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 dash black peppercorns
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 2 cup tomato juice (low sodium )
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes (dried)
1. Scrub potatoes well to remove any eyes or blemishes.
2. In a slow cooker, combine all ingredients; stir.
3. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until the vegetables are tender.
4. Remove bay leaf and peppercorns before serving.
Eat Smart New York!