Lentils, carrots, and tomatoes are a savory and satisfying combination in this delicious, easy to prepare, stew. Enjoy with a side of your favorite citrus fruit.
- 2 teaspoon olive oil (or canola oil)
- 1 onion (large, chopped)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 10-ounce packages of frozen sliced carrots
- 1 cup dry lentils (rinsed and drained)
- 3 can diced tomatoes (14.5 ounces each)
- 3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
1. Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat.
2. Add chopped onion.
3. Cook for 3 minutes, or until tender.
4. Stir in garlic powder, carrots, lentils, tomatoes, water and chili powder.
5. Simmer, uncovered, for about 20 minutes or until lentils are tender.