A delicious traditionally Kurdish dish, is fresh and flavorful! The beef dumplings are enjoyed in a soup that is loaded with Swiss Chard. Your newest family favorite!
- 1 pound ground beef, 85% lean (coarsely ground, if available)
- 1 tablespoon salad oil
- 1 cup matzo meal
- 1 1/2 cup semolina
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 clove garlic, chopped (use 6-7 cloves)
- 6 scallions, chopped
- 10 cup Swiss Chard (2 bunches)
- lemon juice (optional)
1. Fry ground beef in a small amount of oil.
2. Prepare the dough by mixing matzo meal, semolina, water, and salt.
3. Wet hands and shape into walnut-sized pieces.
4. Roll out dough into a small circle and fill with 1 Tablespoon of meat.
5. Seal the dough. Continue until all the dough and meat is used.
6. In a large pot, heat a small amount of oil and fry garlic until golde.
7. Add the scallions and Swiss chard. Mix well.
8. Cook about 10 minutes.
9. Cover with water and continue to cook until boiling.
10. Add lemon juice, to taste (optional).
11. Add stuffed dough to soup and cook 15 more minutes.