Sweet and delicious, this banana dessert will be a hit with the whole family! The recipe makes 12 servings, making it a wonderful choice for social gatherings and holidays.
- 6 bananas (large)
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk, skim
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch, dissolved in 2 teaspoons water
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place unpeeled banana on a baking sheet. Prick the skin of each banana several times with the prongs of a fork. Cook the bananas for about 8 minutes. The skin will turn black.
2. Over moderate heat, cook the butter, water and sugar to a medium brown color (it will look like caramel). Remove from heat.
3. Combine the milk, cornstarch slurry to the caramel mixture. Stir to dissolve.
4. Return to the heat and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
5. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
6. Serve on top of the bananas that have been peeled and sliced lengthwise.
Learn more about:
Nutrition, Physical Activity and Food Security Project
Contra Costa Health Services