Broccoli and tomatoes add color and flavor to this savory pasta dish. If fettucine is unavailable, use spaghetti or linguine for the pasta.
- 6 ounce fettucini noodles, uncooked
- 3 tablespoon green onion (chopped, also called scallions)
- 2 cup broccoli florets
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme (dried)
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano (dried)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 can stewed tomatoes (low-sodium, 14.5 ounce)
- 2/3 tablespoon Parmesan cheese (grated)
1. Cook noodles according to package instructions (do not include oil or salt), and drain.
2. Spray a medium skillet with non-stick cooking spray; stir-fry onion and broccoli for 3 minutes over medium heat.
3. Add seasonings (but not the Parmesan cheese) and tomatoes; simmer until heated through.
4. Spoon vegetable mixture over noodles and top with Parmesan cheese.
California Department of Health Services,
Discover the Secret to Healthy Living
California 5-a-Day—For Better Health! Campaign