Versatile and easy to prepare, these deviled eggs are great as an appetizer, side dish, or snack.
- 6 eggs (in shell)
- 2 tablespoon light mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon mustard
1. Put eggs into a saucepan. Cover with cold water.
2. Bring eggs to a simmer (small bubbles) and cook for 12 minutes.
3. Remove from the heat and drain.
4. Crack eggs under cold water and allow to cool. Remove shells.
5. Split eggs in half, lengthwise and remove yolks.
6. Put yolks, dressing and mustard into a small zipper-lock plastic bag to mix.
7. Cut a small hole in a lower corner of the bag. Squeeze mixture into egg white halves. Garnish as desired.
- cayenne pepper (if you like it hot)
- pickle relish
- sliced scallions
- sliced green or black olives
1/8 tsp each of salt and pepper may be substituted for 1 tsp mustard.
ONIE Project - Oklahoma Nutrition Information and Education