Frozen vegetables, canned tomatoes, and chicken broth make this an easy soup to throw together on a cold work night. Noodles and beef make it extra hearty and comforting.
- 3/4 can chicken broth (low sodium, 14.5 oz)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups mixed vegetables (frozen, for soup)
- 1 can tomatoes (14.5 oz, broken up)
- 4 ounces beef (cooked and diced)
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves (crushed)
- 1 dash pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1/4 cups noodles (narrow-width, uncooked)
1. Heat broth and water. Add vegetables, meat and seasonings. Bring to boil, reduce heat and boil gently, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
2. Add noodles. Cook until noodles are tender, about 10 minutes
3. Remove bay leaf.
Learn more about tomatoes.
North Dakota State University Extension Service, Creative Vegetable Cookery