Ground beef and canned tomato soup make a tasty base for the vegetables in this delicious and hearty stew.
- 1/2 pound ground beef, or ground turkey, or venison (lean)
- 1/8 salt (optional)
- 1/8 pepper (optional)
- 1 can tomato soup, condensed (10 3/4 ounce)
- 10 3/4 us fluid ounces water (one soup can full)
- 6 carrot (medium, diced or sliced)
- 2 potatoes (medium, diced or sliced)
- 1 cup onion (diced)
1. Brown meat. Drain fat, if any. Season lightly with salt and pepper (optional).
2. Add soup and 1 can of water to fry pan. Add vegetables.
3. Bring to a boil, then simmer, covered, about 25 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat, cover for last 10 minutes to thicken.
4. Serve. Refrigerate leftovers.