Use our Ginger Bread mix and make these muffins ahead of time for a quick and healthy breakfast on the go.
- 2 Gingerbread Mix (<a href="/node/72">Ginger Bread Mix</a> 2 cups)
- 1 cup bran cereal
- 1 egg (slightly beaten)
- 1/2 cup milk, 1%
- 1/4 cup orange juice concentrate
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon orange peel (grated)
- 1/4 raisins (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine the Ginger Bread Mix (see other recipe in this database) and bran cereal in a bowl.
3. Beat the egg slightly in another bowl.
4. Add the egg and other ingredients to the gingerbread and cereal mixture.
5. Stir only until combined. Let stand for 15 minutes.
6. Fill 12 muffin cups (well-greased pans or paper liners) 2/3 full.
7. Bake 15-20 minutes or until done in the center.
2 servings of Ginger Bread Mix = 2 cups
Lynn Myers Steele, 2000
Oregon Family Nutrition Program