This quick and easy one pan dish is full of veggies, spices, and flavor. Get your kids involved by letting them wash the vegetables.
- 3/4 pound ground beef (lean, 10% fat)
- 1/2 cup green pepper (chopped)
- 1/2 onion (large, chopped)
- 1/2 cup celery (chopped)
- 2/3 cup kidney beans (canned, drained and rinsed)
- 1/2 cup corn (sweet)
- 1 can tomato sauce (8 oz)
- 1 cup tomatoes (chopped fresh)
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
1. Wash your hands and work area.
2. Place ground beef in a skillet sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Brown meat over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally to break it into pieces. Drain fat and blot meat with paper towels. Transfer beef into a colander and rinse with very hot water to further remove fat.
3. Add green pepper, onion, and celery. Cook until softened.
4. Add beans, corn, tomato sauce, chopped tomatoes, pepper, garlic and chili powder.
5. Cook mixture over low heat for 20 minutes.
6. Serve hot in bowls. Or serve as a dip with baked tortilla chips or on a bun.
7. Cover and refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.