Beans are unique foods that can be counted as either a vegetable or protein. Remember to sort and soak dry beans before cooking or use canned beans.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion (large, chopped)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup catsup
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups kidney beans (cooked, or 15 ounce can)
- 1 can pork and beans (15 ounce)
- 2 cups great northern beans (cooked, or a 15 ounce can great northern beans, lima beans or butter beans, low sodium)
1. Cook ground beef and onions. Drain fat.
2. Add remaining ingredients and mix.
3. Place in casserole dish.
4. Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 1 hour.