Mango and papaya add a tropical flavor to this fruit salad while chili powder gives it a kick. The jicama provides a refreshing crunch and the result is a fruit salad that's sure to please.
- 3 cups jicama, sliced (small)
- 2 cups watermelon (cut into pieces)
- 1 mango
- 1 papaya (small)
- 1 lime
- 2 kiwi
- 1 teaspoon lime or orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
1. Wash, peel, and cut the jicama into thin slices.
2. Wash, peel, and cut the rest of the fruit into slices or medium sized pieces.
3. On a large plate, arrange the fruit. Sprinkle the lime or orange juice over the fruit.
4. In a small bowl, mix the salt and chili powder. Sprinkle over the fruit and serve.
5. Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Lynn Myers Steele, 2000
Oregon Family Nutrition Program