This dish can be baked in the oven or if you are short on time, pop it into the microwave. Use your favorite frozen or canned vegetables.
- 1 pound ground beef, 85% lean
- 4 potatoes
- 1 package frozen mixed vegetables (or canned mixed vegetables)
- 1/4 cup cheese, low-fat shredded (cheddar or colby jack)
- 1/4 cup milk, 1%
- salt and pepper (optional, to taste)
1. Cook ground beef in frying pan until brown. Rinse in warm water and drain to remove excess fat.
2. Scrub potatoes and cut into slices without peeling.
3. Place potatoes in a large baking or casserole dish. Top with vegetables, ground beef, and cheese.
4. Pour milk over the casserole. Ad salt and pepper as desired.
5. Cover with a lid or foil. Bake at 350°F for 1 hour or microwave in non-metal baking or casserole dish for 19-23 minutes on high.
- Try other favorite vegetables in place of mixed vegetables such as carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, green beans, peas, or corn.
- Cheddar cheese used for costing and nutrition analysis.