Add some protein and grains to your dinner with this yummy rice dish. Use brown rice for extra fiber.
- 2 tablespoon cooking oil (or margarine)
- 1 cup rice, regular, uncooked
- 3 tablespoon onion (minced)
- 1/2 cup carrot (chopped or grated)
- 2 cup water
- 4 egg (beaten)
- 4 egg whites (beaten)
- 1/4 cup milk, non-fat
- 1/2 cup peas
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
1. In a frying pan over medium heat, cook rice, minced onion, and carrots in oil, stirring often until lightly browned.
2. Slowly add water. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender, about 20 minutes.
3. Beat eggs in bowl. Stir in milk, peas, and soy sauce. Pour over hot rice mixture in fry pan.
4. Cook on medium heat. As mixture begins to thicken, gently draw a spatula across bottom and sides of pan. This allows egg mixture to cook. Continue until eggs are firm.