Enjoy carrots, bamboo shoots, mushrooms, bean sprouts, and green onions with fried noodles and a simple sauce.
- 10 cups water
- 1 pound egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (or vegetable oil, divided)
- 3 cups bean sprouts
- 1 cup bamboo shoots (julienned sliced thinly in strips)
- 1/2 cup carrots (shredded)
- 1/2 cup shiitake mushrooms (dried, soaked, stems removed, and julienned)
- 2 green onions (julienned)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
1. In a large pot on high heat, bring 10 cups of water to boil. Cook noodles in boiling water until tender or “al-dente,” approximately 5 - 7 minutes, drain and set aside.
2. Heat a non-stick wok or pan over high heat. Add 1/2 tablespoon oil, swirling to coat the pan, add noodles and pan-fry until noodles are golden, about 7 to 10 minutes. Remove noodles from wok.
3. Add remaining 1/2 tablespoon oil to wok, add vegetables, and stir-fry until just cooked, about 5 to 7 minutes.
4. Return noodles to the wok, add salt, sugar and soy sauce.
5. Stir to combine and serve.
Healthy & Delicious--Simple Ways to Low Fat Chinese Cooking