Fish tacos are a fun way to add fish to your meal. Cabbage from the coleslaw mix gives some crunch and extra nutrients.
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup packaged coleslaw mix
- 4 4-ounce tilapia fillets (or any white fish)
- 8 small corn tortillas
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (more or less to taste)
1. Clean and chop onion, cilantro, and cabbage. Mix in a bowl and set aside.
2. Coat the baking sheet with cooking spray. Lightly sprinkle fish fillets with chili powder and place on the baking pan.
3. Place in the oven about 6 inches from the broiler and cook for approximately 3 to 4 minutes, or until fish is fully cooked. You will know the fish is done when it "flakes" or pulls apart easily when separated with a fork.
4. Lightly fry tortillas on an oiled griddle or skillet, or heat tortillas in the microwave oven for just a few seconds until softened and hot.
5. Fill tortilla with fish, cabbage, onion, and cilantro and fold in half. Serve with salsa and citrus slices, if desired.
ONIE Project - Oklahoma Nutrition Information and Education. Simple Healthy Recipes.