Oatmeal mixed with cinnamon and brown sugar is a delicious topping for this baked apple dessert.
- 4 apples (medium, baking)
- 1/2 cup oatmeal, quick cooking (uncooked)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (light or dark)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon (ground)
- 1/3 cup apple juice
- non-stick cooking spray
1. Move the oven rack to the center of the oven. Then preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray the bottom and sides of a 9" square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
3. Wash and peel the apples. Cut them into thin slices.
4. Spread the apple slices evenly over the bottom of the baking dish.
5. In a small bowl, use a fork to mix the oatmeal, brown sugar and cinnamon.
6. Spread the oatmeal mix evenly over the apples in the baking dish.
7. Lightly pour the apple juice over the oatmeal mixture.
8. Cover the dish and bake for 20 to 30 minutes until apples are just starting to soften.
9. Uncover and bake for another 15 to 20 minutes until apples are soft.