Start your day with this classic breakfast recipe and serve it with fresh or canned fruit.
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup non-fat milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 slice whole wheat bread
- syrup or other toppings (optional)
1. Preheat the griddle over medium heat, or set an electric frying pan at 375 degrees.
2. Put eggs, milk, and vanilla in a pie pan or shallow bowl and beat with a fork until well mixed.
3. Grease the griddle or pan with a thin layer of oil or use nonstick spray.
4. Dip both sides of bread, one slice at a time, in the egg mixture and cook on the hot griddle or frying pan.
5. Cook on one side until golden brown. Turn the bread over to cook the other side. It will take about 4 minutes on each side.
6. Optional: serve with syrup, applesauce, fruit slices, or jam.
University of Wisconsin, Cooperative Extension Service, A Family Living Program