This flavorful dish is traditionally eaten on Monday nights in many homes and uses dry beans, onion, pepper, and spices.
- cooking oil spray, as needed (non-stick)
- 1 onion (medium, peeled and chopped)
- 1 green bell pepper (medium, washed, seeded and chopped)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cans diced tomatoes (14.5 ounces each)
- 1 can kidney beans (15.5 oz, drained and rinsed)
- 6 cups cooked brown rice
1. Spray skillet with cooking oil spray.
2. Cook onion and pepper over medium heat for 5 minutes or until tender.
3. Add garlic powder, tomatoes, and kidney beans.
4. Bring mixture to a boil.
5. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
6. Serve over rice.