These easy dumplings only need 4 ingredients. Drop them into the hot chicken broth mixture and cook them for 15 minutes. What a simple and quick meal for a busy night.
- 1/3 tablespoon flour (all purpose)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 1 cup chicken, cooked and diced
- 1/4 salt (1/4 teaspoon, optional)
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1/3 cup flour (all purpose)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons non-fat milk
1. Mix 2 tablespoons flour and water in a pan until smooth.
2. Slowly stir in broth.
3. Cook over medium heat until thickened.
4. Add chicken, salt (optional) and pepper.
5. Combine 1/3 cup flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl. Stir in milk until dough forms.
6. Drop dumpling dough from a Tablespoon onto gently boiling chicken mixture, making 4 dumplings.
7. Cover pan tightly and cook slowly for 15 minutes without lifting the lid.
Wellness Ways Resource Book