These oven fries are crisp and seasoned with pepper, allspice, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt.
- 2 potatoes (large, about 2 pounds)
- 8 cups water (ice)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper (ground)
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon pepper flakes (hot)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1. Scrub potatoes and cut into 1/2 inch strips.
2. Place potato strips into ice water, cover, and chill for 1 hour or longer.
3. Remove potatoes and dry strips thoroughly.
4. Place garlic powder, onion powder, salt, white pepper, allspice and pepper flakes in plastic bag.
5. Toss potatoes in spice mixture.
6. Brush potatoes with oil.
7. Place potatoes in nonstick shallow baking pan.
8. Cover with aluminum foil and place in 475° F oven for 15 minutes.
9. Remove foil and continue baking uncovered for additional 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Turn fries occasionally to brown on all sides.
Learn more about potatoes.