Combining yogurt or cottage cheese with savory herbs and spices makes this veggie dip cool and delicious.
- 2 cups yogurt, low-fat plain (or small curd or creamed cottage cheese)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons dried, minced onion
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- salt (1/2 teaspoon, optional)
- dill weed (1/2 teaspoon, optional)
1. In a medium-sized bowl, combine yogurt (or cottage cheese), pepper, garlic powder, dried onion, dried parsley, salt, and dill (if used). Beat until smooth.
2. Chill dip in refrigerator until ready to serve. Serve with raw vegetables.
Suggested approximately 6 cups of vegetables for serving including: broccoli florets, cauliflower florets, carrot sticks, celery sticks, jicama, sliced bell pepper, or sliced cucumber.