Using pantry staples and frozen broccoli, this hearty soup can be made in 10 minutes. Use 1% or fat-free milk to keep it even healthier.
- 1 package frozen, chopped broccoli (10 ounces)
- 1 can carrots or mixed vegetables, drained
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup (10 ounces)
- 1 1/4 cups 1% low fat milk
- 1/3 cup grated cheddar cheese, low-fat (can use 1/4 to 1/2 cup)
1. In saucepan, prepare broccoli according to directions. Drain off water.
2. Add carrots, cream of mushroom soup, and one soup can full of milk to the broccoli. Stir over low heat until steaming hot and vegetables are cooked. Add cheese, stirring until melted.
3. Serve hot.
4. Refrigerate leftovers.