Chili powder and pepper flakes give a spicy twist to this classic bean and corn side dish.
- 3/16 cup corn (3 Tablespoon of liquid drained from canned)
- 1/2 cup onion (chopped)
- 1 cup corn (canned, whole-kernel, drained)
- 3/4 cup kidney beans (dry, cooked)
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 pepper flakes (hot red, 1/4 teaspoon, optional)
1. Heat 3 tablespoons of liquid from canned corn in saucepan.
2. Cook onion in liquid until soft, about 2 minutes.
3. Add corn, kidney beans, chili powder, and hot red pepper flakes to onion mixture.
4. Cook over low heat for about 10 minutes.