Use up a large head of cabbage from the farmers' market or grocery store with this recipe. The bell pepper and green onions bring a variety of flavors while the chicken and peanuts add protein.
- 1 Ramen noodles (oriental flavored)
- 16 cups cabbage (shredded or cabbage salad mix)
- 1/4 cup scallions (minced)
- 1/2 cup bell pepper (red or green)
- 2 chicken breast (cooked, and chilled, cut into cubes)
- 1/2 cup peanuts (dry roasted, unsalted)
- 1 sugar (1 teaspoon, optional)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup vinegar (rice or white wine)
- 1 teaspoon Ramen noodle flavor packet
1. Rinse coleslaw and drain, set aside.
2. Break up noodles. Set aside.
3. In a small bowl make dressing with sugar, vinegar, olive oil and flavor packet. Stir well.
4. In a large bowl, add peppers, scallions, unsalted peanuts and other vegetables if you like. Add cooked chicken and coleslaw.
5. Pour on the dressing and combine. Sprinkle noodles on top.
6. Serve cold.