Colorful veggies, black beans, and pasta make this salad healthy, flavorful, and filling. Make it several hours ahead and let it chill in the refrigerator for a quick summer dinner.
- 2 cups cooked small pasta
- 1 1/2 cups canned chicken (drained)
- 1 cup diced bell pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced green onion
- 1 cup shredded yellow squash
- 1/2 cup canned corn kernels (drained)
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 can black beans, low sodium (15 oz, rinsed and drained)
- 1/2 cup fat-free Italian dressing
1. Cook pasta according to package directions, drain; rinse.
2. Combine first eight ingredients (pasta through black beans) in a large bowl.
3. Toss gently with salad dressing.
4. Chill for several hours to blend flavors.
North Carolina Department of Public Health & North Carolina Cooperative Extension. Color Me Healthy.