Broccoli brings brightness to this recipe, while the Basic Soup and Sauce Mix gives this recipe a rich and creamy flavor.
- 8 ounces fettuccine noodles
- 1 cup broccoli, fresh or frozen
- 16 ounces chicken breast, boneless
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 Basic Sauce Mix (1/3 cup dry recipe <a href="/node/388">Basic Soup and Sauce Mix</a>)
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup milk, non-fat
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1/4 pepper (1/4 teaspoon, optional)
1. Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Add broccoli for the last 4 minutes of cooking time. Drain.
2. Heat butter in skillet. Add chicken and cook until browned, stirring often.
3. Combine sauce mix and water in saucepan. Bring to a boil and cook until thick. Add milk, cheese, pepper and fettuccine mixture and heat through.
4. Serve with additional Parmesan cheese.
Utah State University Cooperative Extension, Visit Website