A great recipe to use leftover chicken that has been properly handled combined with broccoli, cheese, onions, garlic, and brown rice to create a quick dinner.
- 5 cup water
- 2 1/2 cup rice
- 1/4 cup onion (chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (chopped)
- 1 cup milk (skim)
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup (10.75 ounces, condensed, 98% fat-free)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese, low-fat (grated)
- 2 cup chicken (shredded, cooked)
- 2 cup broccoli (pieces)
1. Preheat oven to 350° F. In large saucepan bring water to
boil. Add rice, onion, and garlic. Cook for about 20 minutes
or until rice is soft.
2. While rice is cooking combine milk, soup, salt, and pepper, mix well. When rice is done combine with milk mixture, chicken and broccoli, mix well.
3. Grease 9 x 13 pan and pour mixture into pan. Bake in the preheated
oven for 18 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake for another 6 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve immediately.