A great recipe to use leftover chicken that has been properly handled combined with broccoli, cheese, onions, garlic, and brown rice to create a quick dinner.
- 5 cup water
- 2 1/2 cup rice
- 1/4 cup onion (chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (chopped)
- 1 cup milk (skim)
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup (10.75 ounces, condensed, 98% fat-free)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese, low-fat (grated)
- 2 cup chicken (shredded, cooked)
- 2 cup broccoli (pieces)
- Preheat oven to 350° F. In large saucepan bring water to boil. Add rice, onion, and garlic. Cook for about 20 minutes or until rice is soft.
- While rice is cooking combine milk, soup, salt, and pepper, mix well. When rice is done combine with milk mixture, chicken and broccoli, mix well.
- Grease 9 x 13 pan and pour mixture into pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 18 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake for another 6 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
Oregon State University Cooperative Extension Service, Healthy Recipes