Carrots give this traditional oatmeal and raisin cookie a colorful and tasty twist.
- 1/2 cup margarine (soft)
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup carrot (grated raw)
- 2 egg whites (well beaten)
- 2 cup flour (all purpose)
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cup oatmeal, quick cooking (raw)
- 1 cup raisins
1. In a large bowl, cream together margarine and honey. Stir in carrots and egg whites.
2. Stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, oatmeal and raisins. Gradually stir flour-oatmeal mixture into creamed mixture, just until all flour is mixed. Do not over mix.
3. Drop from teaspoon on greased baking sheet. Flatten slightly and bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes, or until lightly browned.
Instead of honey, you can use 1 1/4 cups sugar mixed with 1/4 cup water.
Learn more about carrots.
Virginia Cooperative Extension, Healthy Futures