Minute rice and canned tomatoes combined with cabbage make this a quick, easy, and healthy recipe.
- 1/2 pound ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1 can diced tomatoes, low-sodium (16 ounces)
- 1 1/2 cup tomato sauce (or tomato juice)
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup minute rice (brown)
- 1 cabbage head (small to medium, chopped in bite-sized pieces)
1. Brown ground beef in a skillet with onion and garlic. Drain off any fat.
2. Place meat in a large pot and add water, tomatoes, tomato sauce (or juice), and cabbage. Cook until cabbage is almost tender.
3. Add minute rice and cook five minutes longer. Serve.