Kick your pancakes up a notch with fresh bananas and an apple topping. The whole wheat flour and the fresh fruit in the recipe add extra fiber to your breakfast.
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup milk (1%)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoon oil
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup flour (all purpose)
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 bananas
- 3 apples
- 3 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup water
1. Beat eggs. Beat in milk, honey and oil.
2. Add flours and baking powder.
3. Slice bananas and add to mixture.
4. Coat a large, non-stick frying pan or griddle with non-stick cooking spray. Warm the pan over medium heat for 2 minutes.
5. Spoon 1/4 cup of the batter onto the heated griddle for each pancake (adjust more or less depending on pancake size).
6. Cook until the tops are bubbly and the pancakes are dry around the edges. Flip and cook for 2-3 minutes or until golden on both sides. Place pancakes on a platter and keep warm.
7. Repeat steps 5 and 6 until batter has been used, using more non-stick cooking spray as needed.
1. Wash apples, remove cores, and slice thinly with peel still on.
2. Combine apples with the sugar, cinnamon, and water.
3. Cook in skillet for 10 minutes and spoon on top of pancakes.