This banana bread recipe packs in 3 large bananas per loaf! It’s a terrific way to use over-ripe bananas.
- 3 banana (large, well-ripened)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup milk, fat-free
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups flour
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Peel the bananas. Put them in a mixing bowl. Mash the bananas with a fork.
3. Add the egg, oil, milk, sugar, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Mix well with the fork.
4. Slowly stir the flour into the banana mixture. Stir for 20 seconds until the flour is moistened.
5. Lightly grease the bread pan with a little oil -OR- cooking spray -OR- line it with wax paper.
6. Pour the batter into the bread pan.
7. Bake for 45 minutes until a toothpick inserted near the middle comes out clean.
8. Let the bread cool for 5 minutes before removing it from the pan.
The key to good banana bread is to use well-ripened bananas that are covered with brown speckles. Try using half whole wheat flour to add some fiber.
Learn more about bananas.
Pennsylvania Nutrition Education Program, Pennsylvania Nutrition Education Network
Recetas del Sitio Web