Make chicken nuggets at home using cereal crumbs, spices, and herbs. You can cook them in the microwave or the oven.
- 5 chicken thighs, boneless, skinless (5-6 medium thighs)
- 1 cup cereal crumbs, cornflake type
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
1. Remove skin and bone; cut thighs into bite-sized pieces.
2. Place cornflakes in plastic bag and crush by using a rolling pin.
3. Add remaining ingredients to crushed cornflakes. Close bag tightly and shake until blended.
4. Add a few chicken pieces at a time to crumb mixture. Shake to coat evenly.
1. Lightly grease an 8x12 inch baking dish.
2. Place chicken pieces on baking dish so they are not touching. Cover with waxed paper and cook on high.
3. Rotate chicken every 2 to 3 minutes. Cook until tender, about 6-8 minutes.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease a cooking sheet.
2. Place chicken pieces on cooking sheet so they are not touching.
3. Bake until golden brown, about 12-14 minutes.
To remove bone from chicken thigh:
1. Place chicken on cutting board. Remove skin from thighs.
2. Turn chicken thighs over.
3. Cut around bone and remove it.
USDA, Center for Nutrition Policy and Promotion (CNPP), Recipes and Tips for Healthy, Thrifty Meals, 2000