Cinnamon, nutmeg, and toasted walnuts make this loaf cake taste as great as it smells.
- 1/2 cup walnuts (chopped)
- 1 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cup flour (all purpose)
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (ground)
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg (ground)
- 1 cup raisins
1. Wash hands well with soap and warm water.
2. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease 2 (8x4x2 inch) loaf pans.
3. Toast walnuts in an ungreased skillet pan. Stir while heating on medium-low heat for 5-7 minutes. They are done when they are brown and smell nutty. Set aside to cool.
4. Mix applesauce, egg, sugar, oil and vanilla in a large bowl.
5. Mix flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg together in a smaller bowl.
6. Pour flour mixture into applesauce mixture.
7. Stir in raisins and cooled toasted nuts.
8. Pour half of the batter into each greased pan. Bake for 45-55 minutes.
9. Remove cakes from the oven. Cool for 10 minutes. Remove from pans to finish cooling. For best taste, let cakes cool a few hours before serving.
Visit Web site.