A twist on the traditional tuna salad sandwich, this version features a combination of sweet and tangy flavors.
- 1 can tuna, packed in water (6.5 ounces, drained)
- 1 apple
- 1/4 cup yogurt, low-fat vanilla
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 6 slice whole wheat bread
- 3 lettuce leaves
1. Wash and peel the apple. Chop it into small pieces.
2. Drain the water from the can of tuna.
3. Put the tuna, apple, yogurt, mustard, and honey in a medium bowl. Stir well.
4. Spread 1/2 cup of the tuna mix onto each 3 slices of bread.
5. Top each sandwich with a washed lettuce leaf and a slice of bread.