This dish is reminiscent of shrimp scampi but is veggie-centric with its mix of potatoes, bell peppers, onions, and zucchini. The potatoes are partially cooked in the microwave before sautéing, for a meal that's on the table in 30 minutes.
- 3 medium yellow potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 1 medium red bell pepper (coarsely chopped)
- 1/2 cup white grape juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 12 ounces frozen jumbo shrimp (peeled and deveined, no-sodium-added)
- 1 medium fresh zucchini (cut in small chunks)
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning (no-sodium)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 lemon (divided)
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1. Pierce the skin of each potato with a fork; microwave potatoes on high for 2 minutes. Turn potatoes over and microwave 2 more minutes. Remove from microwave and let cool slightly.
2. While potatoes are cooling, heat olive oil in large saucepan. Add garlic, onion, and bell pepper, and cook about 3-4 minutes.
3. Cube potatoes. Add juice, water, and vinegar to saucepan; bring to boil. Add shrimp, zucchini, potatoes, and seasoning. Return to boil, and simmer 5-8 minutes, until shrimp, potatoes, and zucchini are done. The flesh of the shrimp should be an opaque color.
4. Halve the lemon; squeeze juice from half the lemon into the saucepan.
5. Serve the Parmesan cheese and lemon wedges cut from the remaining lemon half.
Serving Suggestions: Serve with an 8 oz glass of fat-free (skim) milk, one slice whole-grain bread, and 1/2 peach, sliced.