Wheat berries add a unique texture to this flavor-packed chili recipe. This hearty, colorful one pot meal is sure to be a crowd pleaser.
- 1 cup wheat berries
- 3 cups water
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 yellow pepper, chopped
- 4 teaspoons chili powder, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 can 8-ounce tomato sauce, unsalted
- 2 cans (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes
- 2 cups beef broth, 99% fat free, reduced sodium
- 1 can 15-ounce kidney beans, unsalted
- 1 can 15-ounce white beans, unsalted
The "Grain Chain," a group of MyPlate National Strategic Partners committed to promoting and supporting grains, offers a series of recipes featuring whole grains. Members include American Bakers Association, Wheat Food Council, Grains Food Foundation, National Pasta Association, USA Rice Federation, General Mills, and Kellogg's.