This refreshing pineapple, banana and berry blend smoothie has 2 and 1/2 cups of fruit per serving.
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 cup pineapple chunks
- 1 banana
- 1 cup skim milk (or almond milk)
- 1 1/2 cups ice
- Peel and slice the banana.
- Gather all ingredients and combine in a blender.
- Cover and blend until smooth.
- Serve right away or pour into ice cube trays and freeze. During the week, pop out the cubes for a quick on-the-go breakfast.
Get an additional food group in your smoothie by adding 1 cup of spinach or kale.
USDA Center for Nutrition Policy and Promotion