Liven up your lunch-time sandwich with a refreshing mix of tuna, apples, raisins, and walnuts.
- 1 apple (such as Fuji or Pink Lady Washington)
- 1 can 12-oz chunk light tuna (drained)
- 2 tablespoons low-fat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup raisins (or chopped figs)
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder (optional)
- 8 leaves lettuce (Bibb, Romaine, green, or red leaf)
- 8 slices whole-grain bread
1. Cut apple in quarters; remove core and chop.
2. In a medium size bowl, mix all salad ingredients, except tuna.
3. Gently fold in tuna.
4. Make sandwiches,using lettuce and whole-grain bread (toasted, if desired), and fill with tuna apple salad.
Serving Suggestions: Serve with an 8 oz glass of 100% orange juice.
Produce For Better Health Foundation