Let kids build mini pizzas. Top whole-grain pita with sauce and criss-cross of low-fat mozzarella cheese and vegetables for a quick, fun dinner.
- 1 medium carrot
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1 medium summer squash
- 4 whole wheat pita rounds (about 6" diameter)
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium pasta sauce
- 4 sticks reduced-fat string mozzarella string cheese
- Place rack in middle of oven and pre-heat oven to 400 °F.
- For Xs, cut carrot and bell pepper into small sticks about 2 inches long. For Os, cut summer squash into 12 slices. For grid, pull apart each cheese stick to make 4 strips.
- Place pita rounds on baking sheet and spread pasta sauce on each.
- Let kids build tic tac toe pizzas with cheese and vegetables.
- Bake about 10 minutes or until cheese is bubbling.
Produce for Better Health