1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain.
2. Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
3. Add onion, carrot, and celery and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is beginning to brown, 5-8 minutes.
4. Stir in garlic and Italian seasoning; cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
5. Add beef and cook, stirring and breaking up with a spoon, until no longer pink, 3-5 minutes.
6. Increase heat to high. Stir in tomatoes and cook until thickened, 4-6 minutes.
7. Stir in parsley and salt. Serve the sauce over the pasta, sprinkled with cheese.