This pesto spaghetti dish is made with spinach for a unique spin on a classic. Top with feta and serve with a side salad for a colorful meal.
- 1 pound whole wheat spaghetti, uncooked (or your favorite pasta shape)
- 1 package 10-oz frozen spinach, thawed, well drained
- 2 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 2 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoon tub margarine
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 ounce crumbled feta cheese
Serving Suggestions: Serve with grilled chicken, side salad, skim milk, apple slices.
The "Grain Chain," a group of MyPlate National Strategic Partners committed to promoting and supporting grains, offers a series of recipes featuring whole grains. Members include American Bakers Association, Wheat Food Council, Grains Food Foundation, National Pasta Association, USA Rice Federation, General Mills, and Kellogg's.