A colorful, casual meal that's surprising simple to prepare.
- For the Sweet Potato Oven Fries:
- 4 large low sodium sweet potatoes (yams)
- 1 1/2 tablespoon canola oil
- For the Salmon Burgers:
- 1 can 14.75-ounce pink or red salmon
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 8 crackers, unsalted tops (saltine-like), crushed
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 Egg whites from 2 eggs, whisked
- 2 tablespoon plain low-fat yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- cooking spray
- 4 whole-wheat buns
- 8 leaves Bibb Lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes (sliced)
1. Place oven rack in center, heat oven to 425°F.
2. Wash and scrub sweet potatoes, slice into wedges, length-wise.
3. In a large bowl, toss potato wedges with canola oil and seasoning.
4. Spread on cookie sheet. Roast in the oven, turning occasionally, until tender and golden brown, about 30-40 minutes.
5. While sweet potatoes are roasting, prepare salmon burgers. Drain salmon; place in a medium mixing bowl and flake.
6. Fold in green onions and red pepper, crushed crackers, lemon juice, egg whites and yogurt.
7. Shape into 4 patties.
8. Coat large nonstick skillet lightly with cooking spray; heat.
9. Cook salmon burgers until golden brown, turn, and continue cooking until other side is golden brown.
10. Serve burgers with sliced tomatoes and lettuce, and sweet potato oven fries.
Serving Suggestions: Serve with a glass of 100% berry juice blend.