Red, orange and yellow bell peppers stuffed with garbanzo beans, kale, walnuts and brown rice make a delicious Mediterranean-influenced vegetarian dish.
- 2 cup instant brown rice (cooked)
- 4 medium bell peppers (red, yellow, and orange)
- 2 cup kale (chopped)
- 1 can 15 oz garbanzo beans, unsalted
- 1/2 cup walnuts (chopped)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Cook rice according to package directions.
3. Slice bell peppers in half vertically and remove seeds.
4. Reserve about half of garbanzo beans; mash remaining portion with a fork.
5. Mix rice with kale, garbanzo beans (mashed and whole), nuts, salt, and pepper.
6. Fill peppers with mix; place in baking dish and cover.
7. Bake about 30 minutes.
8. Remove lid and bake more 5 more minutes.