Did you know that canned tomatoes have more lycopene and B vitamins than fresh tomatoes? That’s because the canning process seals in food’s natural goodness! So when you add canned tomatoes to this delicious dish, you’re adding nutrition, freshness and flavor.
- 8 ounces whole grain fettuccine pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can no salt added diced tomatoes (14.5 oz. can)
- 2 teaspoons capers
- 5 ounces canned tuna, packed in water, drained
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives, drained (or 1-2.2 ounce can)
- Cook fettuccine as label directs. Reserve 1 cup cooking liquid; drain.
- Meanwhile, in 10-inch skillet over medium heat, in hot oil, cook onion and garlic, about 5 minutes until just softened. Add diced tomatoes and capers; simmer 5 minutes. Add tuna, olives, salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss fettuccine with tuna mixture to mix well. Serve immediately. If necessary, add reserved cooking liquid.
Cans Get You Cooking