Sweet, ripe mangoes are the basis for this refreshing and quick chilled summer soup. It's a no-stove recipe that's perfect when outdoor temperatures rise.
- 2 ripe mangoes (divided)
- 1 English cucumber (divided)
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 jalapeño pepper, finely diced (optional)
- lime, juiced
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 containers plain, non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro
1. Cut all but one half of mango into chunks, removing peel and pit; chill remaining mango half for use with garnish.
2. Slice off 1/4 of the cucumber and chill for use with garnish. Coarsely chop remaining 3/4 of the cucumber.
3. Place chopped mango, cucumber, onion, and pepper (optional) in blender or food processor with lime juice and water. Purée until smooth.
4. Blend in yogurt. Chill until ready to serve.
5. About 15-30 minutes before serving, prepare garnish. Dice chilled mango half, removing peel and pit; dice remaining cucumber. Mix mango and cucumber dices with cilantro. To serve, top bowls of soup with garnish.
Serving Suggestions: Serve with a glass of 100% apple juice.
Produce For Better Health Foundation