Grilling brings out the flavor in fresh vegetables like asparagus. Add shrimp, quinoa, and refreshing lemon vinaigrette, and you have a delicious and quick spring or summer salad.
- 2 cups fresh asparagus, large spears (cut into 1" pieces)
- 1/2 yellow or red bell pepper (cut into 1/2" pieces)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 14 oz can quartered artichoke hearts (drained)
- 12 ounces fresh or frozen large raw shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 1 1/2 cups dry quinoa (cooked according to package directions)
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel (optional)
- 3 tablespoons fresh or bottled lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Place vinaigrette ingredients in a small bowl and whisk; set aside.
2. Cut vegetables as directed.
3. Heat grill and grilling tray.
4. Place vegetables and shrimp in a large bowl; add about 1/3 of the vinaigrette (about 3 tbsp) and toss.
5. Spread shrimp-vegetable mixture over hot grilling tray.
6. Grill, turning shrimp and vegetables, until the flesh of the shrimp is an opaque color (about 5-6 minutes); remove from grill.
7. Serve grill mixture over cooked quinoa, and drizzle with vinaigrette.
Serving Suggestions: Serve with non fat-milk and grapes.
Produce For Better Health Foundation