The creamy and tangy goodness of low-fat cottage cheese is the perfect balance to sweet grapes and cashews. Enjoy this salad as a sandwich filling or on a bed of lettuce.
- 3/4 cup dry roasted cashews (unsalted, coarsely chopped)
- 1 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 1 1/2 cup red grapes (quartered)
- 1 celery stalk (chopped)
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoon fresh parsley (chopped)
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 8 slice whole-grain bread
1. In a medium bowl, mix cottage cheese, grapes, celery, cashews, parsley, and ground black pepper.
2. Toast bread and build sandwiches following steps 3 and 4.
3. Spread 1/4 salad mix on 4 of the bread slices.
4. Add two lettuce leaves to each sandwich; top with 2nd bread slice.
Serving Suggestions: Serve with a side of raw baby carrots and 1 cup of sparkling water with a lemon wedge.