Scallions, spinach, and feta cheese are added to this classic oven-baked egg dish. Try substituting Cheddar, Swiss, or ricotta cheese for variety.
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cup spinach, finely chopped (if frozen spinach is used, thaw and squeeze out excess liquid)
- 4 scallions (white and green parts chopped into 1/4 inch-pieces)
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 teaspoon vegetable oil
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
2. Put the eggs, salt, and pepper in the mixing bowl and, stir with a fork until well combined.
3. Add scallions, spinach, and feta cheese and mix well.
4. Put an 8-inch ovenproof skillet on the stove over medium heat and when hot, add oil.
5. Pour the egg mixture into the skillet and carefully transfer to the oven. Bake until the eggs are set and the top is golden, about 30 minutes.
6. Serve right away or cover and refrigerate overnight.
Cheddar, Swiss, or ricotta cheese can be used instead of feta